Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cough Drops

I dropped in, and Amanda is coughing.

I know she's been sick all week, and I've been wishing I could be here with her.  Amanda is feeling a fair bit better, but at the moment I'm still planning on making a pot of chicken soup for supper tomorrow night.  My patented chicken noodle soup recipe consists of water, chicken boullion, boneless chicken breasts, egg noodles, carrots, an onion, celery, and sage.

The last time I made it, it was here in Grande Prairie, and it turned out so good that I felt compelled to make chicken stew for myself in Tumbler Ridge the next day.  Unfortunately, the chicken stew didn't turn out nearly as good.  Maybe it was the exact mix of spices, or maybe it was the lack of good company while eating it.

Anyway, Amanda and I are re-watching the penultimate episode of this season of Mad Men in preparation for the season finale tomorrow night, and maybe, just maybe, I'll make some real progress on my scarf in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment