Saturday, June 30, 2012

Shopping Trip

Amanda and I spent a few hours at the mall today -- we had some other stuff to do, but we were there to buy gifts for her niece's birthday.  We wandered and browsed for a while, and finally ended up in the right store to find something for her!  I pointed something out to Amanda, she agreed that it was a good idea, and we ended up buying gifts that complemented each other's.  I'm sure these gifts will be a huge hit!

Unfortunately, I can't share what those gifts were -- at least, not yet.

I don't think Amanda's niece is a reader of our blog (she's just turning four in a few weeks), but I do believe that her mother is.  I know she'd never spoil her daughter's birthday surprises, but for all I know, she might be such a big fan of our blog that she feels compelled to read our blog entries aloud.

I wouldn't want the surprise spoiled, but I also wouldn't want to deprive Amanda's sister of the enjoyment of reading the blog for the few weeks remaining until her daughter's birthday.  As a result, not naming the gifts seems like the safest course.

Anyway, we'll be off to the fireworks in a few hours, so if you see us there please feel free to say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment