Sunday, June 17, 2012

Late Night

After Amanda fell asleep last night, I stayed up for a while longer.  While we were talking before bed, I had a really funny idea for a micro game made with Warioware D.I.Y.  As you may have guessed, Amanda is not incredibly fond of the Nyan Cat, at least not after the thirty second mark of the video.

I tease her about it now and then, but I thought it'd be funny to make a game where she could take out her frustrations on the Nyan Cat.  So with just the first tutorial on game creation under my belt, I made a game where Amanda's stand-in (with blue hair) fights against the Nyan Cat.  If Amanda wins, the words "NYAN THAT!" appear on the screen.

I was up until 2:30 working on it.  I fixed the last major bug and saved it, then went to bed, where I tossed and turned for over a half hour.

This morning when we woke up, I told her that I'd finished my idea the night before and that I thought she'd get a kick out of it.  So I grabbed my DS from the living room where it was charging and brought it back to bed.  I started the game up and Amanda loved it and thought it was really funny.

It was lots of fun to make, is reasonably fun to play, and it got to continue a running joke between the two of us about Amanda's (lack of) fondness for the Nyan Cat.  It was a winner all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment