Monday, October 22, 2012

Cold... and Warm

It was chilly today.  I picked Amanda up when she dropped her car off to have her winter tires put on, and in the few minutes we were outside, we both got incredibly cold.  Then it was off to Costco for gas where I had to stand outside in the cold, and Amanda had to sit inside my car which was rapidly getting colder while it was turned off.

I will say this -- my scarf proved its worth today.  My neck was not cold, even if most of the rest of me was.

Anyway, Amanda and I were both cold, it was close to 6:30 already, and I made a decision.  I asked Amanda if I could take her for supper.  She suggested one place, but we ended up deciding on Boston Pizza, thinking that we'd be able to sit in a warm restaurant with hot food in our hands.  ...we ended up being seated in a drafty corner.  Our pizza was really good though, and we really enjoyed our time together.

Now we're in bed, comfy under the duvet Amanda bought at Ikea when we were in Edmonton earlier this year, and watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.  More importantly, we're warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment