Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's Very Early in the Morning Right Now...

It's very early in the morning right now (2:20am).  I woke up from a fairly silly dream, was convinced that something odd must be happening, and am now awake and thiking about returning to bed.

So why is it that I didn't just roll over and return to sleep?  Why am I typing at nearly 2:30am?

I sleepwalk.

I half-woke up and thought that there was an event of some kind going on, and there were people trying to join Amanda and I in our bedroom.  So I hopped out of bed, threw on a t-shirt and pyjama bottoms, and walked out of the bedroom to see what was going on...  just to realize that it was the middle of the night and I was out of bed, wearing more clothes than I do while sleeping.

Yesterday morning I had to re-hang the painting that is on the wall over the head of our bed.  I had pulled it down (while half asleep), because I was convinced that one of the hangers had come loose and that it was going to fall and hurt Amanda and me.

When I told Amanda about it, she reminded me that I have woken her up a few different times in the middle of the night because I believed that something dangerous was happening and I was trying to protect her from it.

I remember the dream about the weird robots on the ceiling who were going to drop on us, and me yelling that we needed to get out.  I remember being so scared of one or two other things that have happened in my dreams that I screamed, woke Amanda up, and was halfway outside the bedroom before I came to my senses.

I know that Amanda is an incredibly smart and strong woman.  I know that she's resourceful and would find her own way out of the weird problems/dangers I dream about.  What's more, I remember very clearly her telling me *way* back when we first started dating that she was a damsel, but she wasn't in distress.

But still, a man has to rescue his princess.

...or maybe I've just played too much Super Mario Brothers over the years.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment