Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Other Side

Today I was on the other side.

A year ago, I was the new person in the group.  I was the guy who lived hours away but dated Amanda.  Meeting her friends and family for the first time was very weird, even though they always made me feel welcome.

So today I was on the other side.  One of our friends (this might be a bit of a stretch using "our" rather than "Amanda's", as I've only really gotten to see and talk to him 4-5 times) started dating a woman who lives somewhere other than Grande Prairie.  With the exception of Amanda, who was still working away at moving her dad's shop, we finally got to meet his girlfriend.  And with that, she officially took my place as the newbie in the group.  :-)

Even though it would've been much more fun if Amanda had been able to come, I enjoyed myself, and it was very good to see a few of our friends who we haven't seen since our engagement.  It's weird though -- it's been over a month since we've seen each other, but we'll be visiting again on Halloween.  I think it's the first time I've ever said "I'll see you on X day" to them!

So in spite of Amanda having to work all day in the snow, I had a good day.  ...I just hope she did too, and that they'll finish up with their work for the evening very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment