Friday, October 26, 2012

Why Amanda is Awesome, reason #6,734,932

Amanda had an incredibly long workday yesterday.  She left for work before 8, and didn't get home until nearly 10.  She was tired and sore, and I didn't know how she'd be feeling this morning.  I know that when I work an exceptionally long day, I'm often tired and grumpy the next morning, especially if I was only dozing the last hour or so of sleep.

So what happened this morning?  She seemed like she was in an okay mood while I was doing my step.  When I stopped, and came into the kitchen to help put her lunch together, we both looked at the last banana sitting on the counter.

Amanda *knows* I would've given it to her.  The Library is very close to the Co-op, and I can easily run over there during my lunch break to pick something up if need be.  But instead of just taking it, or asking if I'd mind picking up fruit for myself, she looked at me, grabbed the banana and said "I pirate your banana."  :D

We both burst out laughing, and then she continued.  "I'm going to paint a skull and crossbones on it.  I claim this banana for Amandania!"

I think a new (now not-so-private) joke has been born.

No comments:

Post a Comment