Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wedding Music Part One

This blog post could also be titled "Songs I'd like at our wedding, but I don't know that they'd really fit the mood or be appropriate...

1)  The Star Wars march

No, not the Imperial March, though that would be interesting.  I'm talking about the song that plays during the medal presentation to Luke and Han at the end of Star Wars.  It's an awesome piece of music, and I'd really like to use it for when I make my way down the aisle, but I worry too many people would be looking around to see if Chewbacca was in attendance.

2)  You are my Sunshine
I have an irrational love of this song, and I think of it fairly often.  The only thing is that it's really not a happy-celebration-go-lucky song.

3)  I'm too Sexy
I've been to one wedding already where my brother had his vest and shirt taken off by bridesmaids to this song -- I don't need it to happen again at my wedding.  That said, I did post on Facebook today that "It's my wedding, and Tyler can party if he wants to!"  I stand by that.

Anyway, we've got lots of time to figure out what music we'll have during the ceremony itself and the reception afterward.  Perhaps Amanda and I will post about it in more detail later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment