Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Rainbow Connection

I had The Rainbow Connection stuck in my head today.  It's such a great song, especially the version sung during last year's Muppet movie.  Amanda and I know all the words, and we're likely to sing along when it's playing on my iPod while we're in the car.  I sing Kermit's part, and according to Amanda my imitation of Kermit is pretty good.

I had a crazy thought in my head while walking around downtown at lunch.  At my friend's wedding a few years back, he and his groomsmen got up on stage to sing along to the lumberjack song as part of the reception.  I don't remember how well it went over, but it was silly and fun.

What if I were to find a second-hand banjo, learn how to play The Rainbow Connection, and sang it at our wedding reception?

...nah.  Somehow it would be missing something without all the other muppets joining in on the final verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment