Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wedding Music Part Three

I think I might enjoy writing about this topic far more than it warrants...  Presented for your consideration, here are more songs we're considering for play during our wedding reception.

Crocodile Rock - Elton John
  • Amanda and I saw Elton John in Grande Prairie this April and the show was incredible.  This song isn't Rocket Man, but it would be a lot more fun for Amanda and me to dance to.
Never Gonna Give you Up - Rick Astley
  • I'd like to include this for two reasons:  first because the song covers some of what I feel about Amanda, and second because I think it would be really funny to have our reception playlist get rickrolled.
Not Moving at All - Major Maker
  • I first heard this song on CBC Radio 3 a few years ago, and it's Amanda's way of telling whether the iPod currently playing is mine or hers when it's not playing a very distinctive playlist (Japanese/video game music on mine, or tons of Tom Petty on hers)
Waiting - Tom Petty
  • Amanda is a huge Tom Petty fan, so I know we'll have some of his music playing at the reception.  This song would be my pick because it seemed like a very appropriate anthem for Amanda and me dating while I was still living in Tumbler Ridge.
So the reception playlist is still very much a work in progress.  Amanda and I spent some time this afternoon while we were making pizza talking about the wedding and some of our ideas.  We talked more about date and location, colours, the wedding party, and started talking about what we'd like to do for a wedding cake.

I'm not panicking anymore though.  I just look at the ring on Amanda's finger and the smile on her face, and I have confidence we'll get things figured out.  Besides -- I'm looking forward to the day I get to see her walk down the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment