Friday, October 12, 2012

Wedding Music Part Four

So far I've written about songs I'd like to play at our reception.  Tonight though, I thought I'd talk about a few songs we *won't* be listening to.

The Nyan Cat song

  • Amanda will not be happy with me if I play this song at our reception.  She tolerates it for 30 seconds, and that's enough.  To commemorate her dislike of this song, I even stayed up late a few months back to make a minigame using Warioware D.I.Y. where Amanda could deal with the Nyan Cat.  She liked it.
Splash Wave
  • I found this song while searching iTunes for a song of the same name that was used in Sega's Outrun.  It's a Eurodance song that I find really catchy, and Amanda finds really annoying.
Better Things to Do - Terri Clark
  • I dislike this song.
Kryptonite - Three Doors Down
  • I love this song, but it's also my favourite song to be depressed to.  If I'm having a lousy day, this song fits my mood *perfectly*.  I don't think I'll need it on my wedding day.
For Now - Avenue Q
  • Again, I love this song, but it works much better as an anthem for bad days.  There's no way I'll want to hear it on my wedding day.
So those are a few of the songs that won't be played at our wedding reception.  I'm sure there are many more, but this is a good start at a Do-Not-Play list.

No comments:

Post a Comment