Monday, October 1, 2012

The B Colour

I like blue.

That's not to say I don't appreciate other colours.  Red is awesome, for instance.  But blue seems to be the predominant colour in my wardrobe, in my mind, and in my life.  Amanda's favourite colour?  Blue.  Her niece's favourite colour?  Blue.  Most of the time when we're talking about something being a neat shade of blue, it's something small or nearby.  With Amanda's niece, it's usually regarding a toy, part of a game, or a stuffed animal.

For Amanda and me recently, it's been other hues of blues that have caught our attention.  For instance, Amanda and I did some wandering around looking at vehicles this weekend both online and in person.  We debated the merits of car paints with names similar to "sandstone shade blue", "blue shark-spray mist", and "indigo-blue twilight."  They varied between true blues, blue-greens, and blue-greys, but they were all blue.

When we weren't admiring those blues, we were wondering at the blues in the yarn colourways we looked at online.  Some of the ones we'd most like to try are a mix of blues and greys among other colours.  My first skein of sock yarn was a mix of blue, indigo, and purple that still looks amazing to me.

The colour of the sky, especially in summer in-between clouds, is one of my favourite shades of blue.  In the dead of winter when it's sunny and 40 below, the shadows in the snow are also one of my favourite blues.

But the most wonderful shade of blue in the world can be found in just one place a few feet away from me:  in my financee's sparkling eyes.  They're beautifully blue.  They're an amazing mix of blue and grey that even now can take my breath away.

Maybe that's part of why I love her so much.  When I look into her eyes, I see my favourite colour, and it's a fantastic shade of it.

After all, I like blue.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment