Monday, October 15, 2012

Hurt Knee

I hurt my knee today.  I'm not sure how I did it, but moving it anywhere but in a straight line hurts.  You might think that it's not a big deal.  Well, it turned out to be a bit of one...

I found out when I got home that walking up stairs is interesting when you can't swing your feet even slightly to the side.  A minute later, I had an interesting adventure in the world of pain while taking my shoes off.

But then Amanda came home.  Just seeing her made me feel better.  When she saw me limping around, she ordered me to sit on the couch, passed me the cooling bag to put on my knee, sat with me for a while, and told me she'd make supper.

So now I'm sitting with my leg up on the ottoman and with a cold bag on my knee.  I can hear the sounds of Amanda cooking, and I am incredibly grateful that she's my fiancee and that she cares about me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment